- Meerkat vs. Periscope: Twitter’s new app set to dominate growing mobile live streaming space
- Apple Inc music streaming platform may debut in June: reports
- Facebook has over 1.39 billion monthly active users, 890 million daily users
- Apple sells a record 74.5 million iPhones during holidays
- Sony to close all its stores in Canada
- BlackBerry shares jump on report Samsung is offering as much as $7.5-billion
- Facebook donating internet access in West Africa to fight Ebola
- China says it successfully tests laser system to destroy low-flying drones
- Rogers and Vice Media partner in $100-million joint venture
Installing Windows Server 8 Beta on VMware is possible – here are step by step installation instructions
How did we get along without QR codes for so long!
QR codes are black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background and they are everywhere and I am scanning everyone I see.
QR coding was created by Toyota for scanning vehicle parts during manufacturing.
QR = Quick Response and quick it is ! No more typing in contact information, or cutting out discount coupons , or exchanging phone numbers at the bar the uses are limitless !
All you need to join in the craze is a smart phone with a camera, just download a QR scanner app and start collecting.
QR Scanner APPS
I really liked QR Code Scanner PRO the best , you just aim your camera towards the QR code and it captures the QR code automatically. However I use a Blackberry bold 9700 and saving the contact information did not save phone numbers.
A app called BeeTagg works perfectly if you have a steady hand, just surf to http://get.beetagg.com/ on your smart phone, it even detects your device automatically.
I also tried the apps Barcode Assistant which just kept tossing out the error that the QR code was not square enough.
My QR Code
Feel free to scan my code shown above and post yours, if you don’t have a QR code Avolve Technology would be happy to create one for you.